Our Core Objectives
Better healthcare & wellbeing
Improved physical and mental health and wellbeing
- Improved access to core healthcare services
- Increased uptake of acute and preventative healthcare services
- Raised levels of health literacy
- Increased awareness and understanding of individual health needs
- Improved sense of communit
Access to Education
Better life chances through education
- Improved literacy and numeracy
- Improved educational attainment
- Improved life skills and vocational skills
- Increased employability chances
- More girls staying in school
Sustainable community development
Reduced poverty and increased self sufficiency
- Safer, stronger and more cohesive and integrated communities
- Improved business skills
- Increased access to employment
- Greater levels of independence and agency
- Increased sense of pride
Our vision is to see a Malawi where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. Our aim is to empower and enable communities to create opportunities and sustainable solutions that promote:
- Better health and wellbeing
- Access to education
- Sustainable community development
We have partnered with community-led organisations in Malawi since 2001 to deliver multiple infrastructure projects, healthcare projects and life-changing community development.
Born from a passion to change lives, Medic Malawi has a strong history of impact-focused projects. Our legacy has been to support the Diocese of Lake Malawi through the work of St Andrew’s Hospital. This has seen an empty field transformed into a busy Hospital and provided healthcare services to thousands of people each year. Along with the hospital, our support for the neediest individuals has assisted many vulnerable children within the community. We have a burning desire to build on our achievements; expand our work; and see communities flourish across Malawi. The impact of our work has shown that the support we deliver transforms lives daily; however, the needs remain high.
The dedicated work carried out since 2001 in a single community has brought results.
This shows that in partnership with communities and strategic partners we can help support meaningful and sustainable change. Building on this success and following a period of strategic planning, we are excited to expand our work towards supporting more sustainable growth. This will positively impact healthcare, access to education and sustainable community development in communities right across Malawi.
How You Can Help
If you have skills that you feel would benefit our charity, whether business, legal, medical, financial or anything else please contact us and we can talk about how we can work together.
Become our ambassador and promote the work we are doing to your network and a wider community to help raise awareness and generate donations.
One way to help us is by donating to support our projects in Malawi. You could do this with a one-off gift or by a regular Direct Debit.