About Medic Malawi
- Food inflation is currently 14.2%
- Life expectancy at birth is 63.7 years.
- 11.7% of the population have access to electricity
- Population of Malawi 17.5 million
- 66 percent of its 17.5 million people under age 25
- Malawi’s population forecast to more than double by 2050
- 46% of rural population live more than 5 kilometres from nearest health facility and is therefore considered to be hard-to-reach
- Average income per person per year £276
- 61.7% of population use a borehole for clean water
- 70.3% of population live on average of £1.46 per day
- Lake Malawi covers around 25% of Malawi’s total area
What we do
Born from a passion to change lives, Medic Malawi has a strong history of impact-focused projects. Our legacy has been to support the Diocese of Lake Malawi through the work of St Andrew’s Hospital. This has seen an empty field transformed into a busy Hospital and provided healthcare services to thousands of people each year. Along with the hospital, our support for the neediest individuals has assisted many vulnerable children within the community. We have a burning desire to build on our achievements; expand our work; and see communities flourish across Malawi. The impact of our work has shown that the support we deliver transforms lives daily; however, the needs remain high.
The dedicated work carried out since 2001 in a single community has brought results.
This shows that in partnership with communities and strategic partners we can help support meaningful and sustainable change. Building on this success and following a period of strategic planning, we are excited to expand our work towards supporting more sustainable growth. This will positively impact healthcare, access to education and sustainable community development in communities right across Malawi.